PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring delays pxi 6561

I have a pxi 6561 for testing asics. I want to setup the aquisition clock and the system clock used for the generation channel to have a delay between each other. I am doing this by a slightly modified hsdio example. The original example is Dynamic Generation and Acquisition-Source Synchronous.vi. In order to establish a delay the system clock is exported into clk out terminals and then a wire is used to wire this to the strobe terminals. The variable stream delay is the variable that is used to determine the delay in between the aquisition and system clock. I was wondering whether in this approach the system clock is delayed is as well by the same amount, canceling out the whole effect to make the delay 0, becuase I have observed no change in my aquired waveforms with changes in the delay setting. Also the delay setting is set by a property node before the signal is exported. See my vi below if it helps to clarify this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,665 Views)
Timothy,

I don't see where in the attached code you are adjusting the delays and I think I"m a bit confused about your application.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think your intent is to have the generation and acquisition sessions running at the same frequency but with an offset between each other?   IE, signal acquired 2ns after generation, for example.

Have you tried using the same clock source (CLKIN or OnBoard) as your clock source for both sessions and use the data delay feature to introduce the offset?  Data Delay (and exported clock delay) gives you the ability to introduce a delay between when the clock arrives and when it actually samples the data.  For generation, it introduces delay between the exported sample clock and the data (allowing for adjusted setup and hold times for instance).  Delays can be added to the data or clock for generation or to the data on acquisition.  Refer to the specifications for the 6562, there are some limitations when using this delay feature relative to frequency of operation.

There are some examples that ship with LabVIEW that use this data delay (and exported clock delay) feature.
Message 2 of 2
(2,662 Views)