From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatibility of PXI 5412 with PXIe-1085

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

Can any one kindly guide me if there is any compatibility issue in using NI PXI 5412 arbitrary function generator with NI PXIe-1085 chassis (PXIe slots)?

Thanks & Regards

Asim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,943 Views)

Hello Asim,

There is absolutely no issue using the PXI-5412 with PXIe-1085 chassis as the chassis has hybrid slots suitable for both PXI and PXIe modules. For proper installation refer to the "Installing PXI and PXI Express Modules" section in the NI Signal Generators getting started Guide .

For more information about the module, you can refer to the PXI-5412 Specifications sheet.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Best Regards,

Samah Chazbeck 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,894 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ASIM_BHATTI

Hello Asim,

Further to the previous answer, please note it is applicable for PXI-5412 modules of revision B or later. NI PXI-5412 modules of revision B or later are equipped with a modified PXI Express-compatible backplane connector. This modified connector allows the NI PXI-5412 to be installed in hybrid slots in a PXI Express chassis. To determine the revision of an NI PXI-5412 module, read the label on the underside of the NI PXI-5412. The label lists an assembly number of the format 192274x-01, where x is the revision.

Best Regards,

Samah Chazbeck

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,888 Views)

Hi!

I am currently having problems with getting my PXI-5412 to work in my PXIe-1085.

I'm getting the Status code -239020 and it says Internal hardware error in MIG hardware.

What was your problem and what was the fix?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,914 Views)

Hi

I was just inquiring about compatibility of PXI-5412 with already held chassis (PXIe-1085) before purchasing this card. This card worked fine with PXIe-1085 chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,893 Views)