PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calibration executive standars

Hello,
   How can i change a standar in a procedure for a Scope ??   i have the Fluke 5800,

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,067 Views)

Hi Frerey,

We're going to need a little more information about the subject. What NI-Card do you want to calibrate? And I don't quite get the idea of changing a standard in a procedure for a scope, could you please give more details?

What version of calibration executive are you using? I need this information in order to look deeper in the documentation of the software and check if the Fluke 5800 is supported.

Thank you for using NI forums.

Arturo Vargas
National Instruments de México
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,049 Views)

This issue comes up quite often in my lab.  I assume that the procedure probably calls for the Wavetek/Fluke/Datron 9500.  If that is the case, then your only option would be to control your 5800 manually.  When you run the scope procedure and the window for "Required Standards" appears, select "Enter Unsupported Instrument" and fill out the other info as necessary.  The procedure will run and the software will control the scope and perform the calculations, but you will have to manually control your 5800 (a window will appear at every step instructing you to set the calibrator to the various settings).

A newer version of Cal Exec might have the 5800 as an option, but I wouldn't bet on it.  Particularly if the scope is an older model.  I have had the NI reps in my lab to discuss this issue a number of times and found that it is unlikely that they will go back and rewrite old CE procedures to include both the 9500 and 5800/5820.  I don't blame them because the return probably isn't worth it for them, especially given how fast new products are coming out.  Perhaps the procedures for the newer products will include both standards, but it is hard to say.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,990 Views)