PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog input to pxi 5922

HI,
I am new to PXI. I just want to know how I can acquire analog input using PXI 5922 as sampler which is further connected to PXI 8360 MXI Express. I mean I got NI PXI 1036DC box.
I tried to use DAQmx analog input measurement vi but I cannot locate PXI 5952 in the device name pull down menu.
 If some one got a simple vi that can be used to grab the analog signals. I'll be grateful.
Thanks
AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,583 Views)
DSPGUY1,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments.  The 5922 is a High-Speed digitizers and uses the NI-SCOPE driver.  If you have LabVIEW 8.0 or 8.2 you can download and use the Driver CD as well to install all the newest drivers.  You can install examples as well that will show you how you can use your digitizer.  You will need this driver installed before anyone can send you a vi to try out.

Regards,
Kenn North
Principal Product Manager - Search, Digital Analytics
http://ni.com/search
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,569 Views)

Hi,

I am looking for a well written data acquisition vi for PXI 5922. Currently I am acquiring data with express vi and not able to understand all its feature. For example, min. record length. I sample data at 500ks/s for two second then decimate it for further processing by 16. I should get 500k/16=31250 sample, but I get 62500 instead. What I understand, the total number of samples is equal to record length which is 10M and in decimation it is dividing it by 16.

Whereas in other DAQ card what I found was the total number of samples acquired=Time x sample rate. But here it is something =min. record length.

I’ll be thankful if someone can send me a data acquisition vi.

Thanks

AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,491 Views)
Hey DSPGUY,

Good to hear from you again.  There are examples that you can get to from the Start menu, by going to Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-SCOPE >> Examples.  Our Scope cards handle memory in a different way by allocating records.  You can associate records with triggered acquisitions as well, and do a multi-record acquistion.  If I am understanding you correctly you are sampling at 500kS/s for 2 seconds to acheive your record length of 10MS.  This divided by 16 is 62500.  I am unclear why you are dividing 500k by 16. 

Let me know if you have any questions about the examples in the location I directed you to.  Also, if I am misunderstanding you please clarify.

Regards,
Kenn North
Principal Product Manager - Search, Digital Analytics
http://ni.com/search
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,485 Views)