PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTEC PXI SCOPES

Has anyone used the ZTEC PXI scopes with labview.  We are looking to use one in our application since NI scope unfortunately does not meat the required specs.  Has anyone had issues with calls to the ZTEC drivers in labview.  Should I avoide this product or has experiences with this product been acceptable?  Comments are greatly appreciated.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,313 Views)
Hello falkpl:

Thank you for posting. I have check and I did not see any known issues with the ZTEC and LabVIEW so far, please keep us updated on how things go.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,308 Views)

Hi Paul,

I happened upon your thread, so I figured I would point you in the right direction.

The LabVIEW drivers for all ZTEC oscilloscopes and arbitrary waveform generators are available for download within the software installers, located in the ZTEC Support Center here:

http://www.ztecinstruments.com/support/

After logging in, navigate to Downloads and then select C-Class Oscilloscopes (ZT450, ZT410, and ZT430 Series), M-Class Oscilloscopes (ZT4610 Series), or C-Class Function Generators (ZT530 Series). I think you'll find that the ZTEC LabVIEW drivers are excellent and are similar in style to the NI-SCOPE and NI-FGEN drivers.

Additionally, there are numerous LabVIEW examples available to give you a running start. Within the ZTEC Knowledgebase, just navigate to the appropriate heading (e.g.  M-Class ZScope Software).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact ZTEC Technical Support by opening a support ticket from the website or at 1-866-ZTEC-NOW.

Best Regards,

Creston Kuenzi,   Customer Service Manager,   ZTEC Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,172 Views)

Hi,

Any pointers where can I find the ZTec drivers. It seems ztecinstruments website is not active.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(830 Views)

Teradyne - See below

To: Teradyne’s ZT-Series Instrument Customers
Date: December 17, 2022

Subject: End of Support Notice for certain ZT-Series (ZTEC) Instruments

Teradyne acquired ZTEC Instruments in 2013. In March of 2014 Teradyne announced the end of production for the
legacy instrument designs due to numerous component obsolescence issues. At that time Teradyne committed to
provide reasonably commercially efforts for service, spare parts, and telephone support through December 31, 2018.
Teradyne supported these instruments for the 9 years far beyond the original commitment. However, we have finally
reached the end of our ability to support these products.

The significant expense involved in supporting aging instrument and component availability necessitates we end support
for the legacy instruments. The instruments affected by this end of support notice are:

ZT1420 Series

ZT450 Series

ZT410 Series

ZT430 Series

ZT4430 Series

ZT530 Series

ZT500 Series

ZT621

ZT1428 Series

All PCI based
instruments

Table 1 :End of Support ZT-Series Products

Effective immediately, Teradyne will no longer be able to accept repairs or calibrations for these products.

Users are encouraged to evaluate the Teradyne recommended replacement instruments:.

Product Series
Suggested Replacement
ZT450
ZT4610
ZT410
ZT4440
ZT430
ZT4440
ZT530
ZT5210
ZT1428
ZT4628
Teradyne is committed to the newer generation of ZT-Series products and has plans to produce and support the following
product lines.

ZT4210 Series

ZT4420 Series

ZT4440 Series

ZT4610 Series

ZT4620 Series

ZT5150 Series

ZT5210 Series

ZT824

Table 2 : Active ZT-Series Products

For further information, please contact your Teradyne Account Manager.

Sincerely,

J. Andrew Hutchinson

ZT Product Manager and Support Marketing Manager

Message 5 of 5
(814 Views)