From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong program behaviour on the deployment computer

Dear all,

I got back a Labview v7.1 program, that uses DAQ acquisition through a PXI chassis, including a PXI-6229 board.
I successfully made it work (after few setting-up work) on 2 different computers with Labview PDS v7.1  installed on it.

But I am currently trying to set it up on a deployment computer on which Labview is not installed.
In order to do that, I did the following :

On the development computer : (Note : DAQMX V7.4 installed on it)
                                                    * Creation of an executable => successful
                                                    * Test with this executable => successful
On the deployment target :         * Intallation of DAQMX V7.4 => successful
                                                    * Installation of the PXI hardware => successful
                                                    * Launch of my executable => successful
                                                    * Functional validation of the executable => fail but none error is depicted (despite I am sure the program handle error show)

Then here is the explanation of my problem. I use the PXI DAQMx board for both acquiring analog input and to generate pattern on digital outputs.
The acquisition of analog inputs works well but pattern generation on digital outputs is wrong.
In fact, I generate a long pattern that lasts about 3 seconds on the development computer but on the deployment targets, it last only few miliseconds (however, I have verified with an oscilloscope and I actually have a signal generated on every line I am expecting it)

I confess I am really surprised with such a behaviour ( I would rather get a big error that would display an identified error!)
Does anyone see a workaround for that.

Thanking you by advance for any answer,

Best regards,

Alexandre
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,698 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,685 Views)