PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With two PCIe8361 in system, PXIe-5114 error

I added a second PXIe-1073 chassis to my system, using a second PCIe8361 card. I am getting an error for the PXIe-5114 in the chassis. It is not seen in MAX and in device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark by the device. With only one chassis enabled, there are no problems. How do I resolve this problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,443 Views)

Hi Chris_c++

Sometimes a black exclamation point (!) on a yellow field indicates the device is in a problem state. Did you already installed the driver for the PXIe5114? if you don't follow the next link. 

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:ndr/q/NI-scope/

Warm Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,411 Views)

When I disable the chassis that does not have the PXIe-5114 (turn it off before booting). I see the device and it appears to working as expected. The problem appears to be a bus conflict but it only seems to be affecting the 5114 device. See the attached image with chassis one disabled.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,403 Views)

Are you using two PCIe 8361? Or you have one 8361 with two ports?? Are you ablr to try in another computer?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,389 Views)

I was able to get everything working by rearranging the cards in the chassis with the 5114. I found that it was necessary to put the 5114 in slot 6 (PXIe-1073 chassis).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,387 Views)

I would like to run one PC, running LabView with two PCIe-8361 cards each connected to it's own PXIe chassis, each being controlled by separate instances of the same VI. 

Has anyone done something like this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,740 Views)

Hi Floman01, 

Just wanted to let you know that you might have better visibility with this issue if you were to make a new forum post (since the rest of them were posted in 2015). However, I think I have the answer to your problem. Please see option 6 in the MXI Configuration guide. It will tell you which cables to use in what configuration.

http://www.ni.com/datasheet/pdf/en/ds-327#Option5:UsingtheNIPXIe-PCIe8375KitWithaDesktopPC

Thanks.

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,732 Views)