From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP not finding drivers for PXI cards

I've recently installed Labview 7.1, TestStand 3.1, Switch Executive 2.1 and all drivers on an HP Compaq PC, running Windows XP Pro (service pack 3). The PC is connected to a PXI-1045 chassis via a MXI-3 link. No problems with the installation, until I turned on the chassis and re-booted the PC, expecting it to detect and install the drivers for the cards. The 'Found New Hardware' wizard popped up for each card in turn, but XP wasn't unable to find any of the associated drivers and eventually gave up saying there's a problem with the hardware. Manually selecting a driver from a list, gave the same error.

I transferred everything across to another PC running Windows 2000 and installed the same software, in the same order and that detected & installed the drivers without a problem. I couldn't help thinking that maybe I'd missed something, so re-installed everything on the XP machine, but to no avail. This is the first time I've come across this, as I've done installations on a couple of other XP machines before without a hitch. Is it possible this being dual core would make a difference? The Win2K PC is a Pentium 4.

Thanks
Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,698 Views)
Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear about your trouble installing hardware. To answer your last question the fact that the machine is dual core will have no bearing on wheter the hardware will install or not.

My biggest concern with your setup is XP SP3, I know HP systems have had trouble with SP3 (AMD processor for sure). However I am also not sure how far our testing has gone with this service pack. I would recommend you reinstall Windows XP SP2 and then try installing NIs software.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

It only takes a second to rate an answer 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,683 Views)