PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not see or use devices using Traditional DAQ (legacy)

I am trying to write a program to read and record thermocouple data off a PXI-4351 thermocouple board in LabView 8.2. This board uses the Traditional DAQ (Legacy) and not the DAQmx, therefore DaqAssist does not work. I've been told there should be an option for configuring Traditional or Legacy cards under the Measurement I/O functions, but I do not see it. When I open Measurement and Automation Explorer, I get a reading off of the test panel for the card under the Traditional DAQ devices. Also, under the Software tab in Measurement and Automation Explorer, it says the traditional DAQ software is installed.

Anyone got any ideas? My regional sales rep is out of ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,046 Views)

I assume that you have installed the traditional DAQ legacy Device drivers 7.4.1 that you will find here

Now the device will show up in 'Tradional DAQ devices' folder in Devices and Interfaces section.

In Data Neighborhood, you can create/configure a Virtual channel and use it in your LabVIEW Traditional DAQ>>AI Read function

Or You could use tha AI config function to configure a channel on the VI directly.

Also look at Traditional DAQ example VI's that are shipped with your LabVIEW.

Any doubts, do ask

Regards,

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,041 Views)

Hi Jarvie-

In addition to Dev's post, you should be sure that you install Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ 7.4.2 from the LabVIEW driver CD.  Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.1 will not support LabVIEW 8.2.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,033 Views)

Tom,

Why is Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ 7.4.2 not availible on Drivers and Updates page??

here is what a search yields

Regards,

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,021 Views)

Hi dev-

Please see my post here for more information.  Thanks-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5