PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my PXI cards not recognized by Windows or MAX?

I have a PXI-1045 chassis connected to a PC through MXI-4.  When I turn the chassis and PC on with a PXI card in slot 2, the message "Windows could not load the installer for DAQDevice.  Contact your hardware vendor for assistance." appears, and the PXI card is not recognized (it is scene by Windows as an unidentifiable PCI Devices, though I have a DAQmx installed).

More details:
Windows XP
LabVIEW 8.0 installed
TestStand 4.0 installed
Latest DAQmx 8.XX installed
NI Scope installed
NI CAN installed
MXI-4 PCI card installed in PC and recognized by Windows (as PCI-PCI bridge, and MXI-4 Device)
I identified PXI chassis 1045 in MAX and on subsequent boot up saw that MAX complained about pxisys or some other ini file (in the chassis status area of the screen) so I configured it as 'other' then put in the PXI-resorce CD and selected the ini file for PXI-1045, MAX no longer complains about pxisys and instead says the chassis is configured properly
If I have nothing but the PXI MXI-4 card installed in the PXI system and boot up the chassis then the PC, I get no errors
If I have a card in slot two (I've tried PXI-6509 Industrial Digital IO, PXI-2569 Relay Module, and PXI-5102 Digital Oscilliscope) and boot the chassis then PC, the message "Windows could not load the installer for DAQDevice.  Contact your hardware vendor for assistance." shows up when Windows boots and Windows sees a PCI Device but can't identify any drivers for it. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,490 Views)
Hello,

Can you post a screenshot of the problem? Are you switching on the chassis first or the PC? Please make sure that you switch ON chassis and then boot the PC. This typically happens when you have a corrupted installation.  I would suggest downloading the latest version of driver from here and re-installing it.

Please uninstall all the driver software from computer before installing the new software.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,469 Views)
I turn on the PXI chassis and then the PC.  I installed the MXI-4 board in a different computer and it recognized all cards in the PXI chassis.  I uninstalled DAQ and reinstalled it (on the old machine) and the problem persists.  Today I will try wiping the machine and reinstalling all software (OS and everything).  
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,461 Views)
This problem has been solved.  The solution was to completely reinstall the OS and DAQmx.  It's odd that uninstalling DAQ and reinstalling it didn't work, but that completely wiping the hard drive and starting fresh did work.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,444 Views)
Thanks for posting the solution which worked. This will help other customers solve easily if they see similar problem.
We sincerely appreciate your effort.

Thanks,
Kalyan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,422 Views)