PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video problem on PXI-1025 LCD Display

I have a video problem with the internal LCD display in a PXI-1025 MegaPAC Chassis with an NI 8175 embedded controller.  Windows XP is loaded on the machine.  The external monitor output on the controller looks fine, but all black areas on the LCD display have a snowy green appearance (green "snow" in constant motion like a bad TV picture), the white areas are pinkish, and there are random bars and lines in the display.  I substituted a different embedded controller, which made no difference.  Device Manager reports no problems under "Display Adapter", with an Intel 82815 graphics controller installed.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the display adapter, which also made no difference.  Since the problem appears on the initial boot screen, it doesn't appear that it could be a display adapter problem anyway.  I also pulled all of the boards out of the chassis, including the hard drive, which we have on a separate card from the controller, and the problem still exists.  (It doesn't boot without the hard drive, of course, but the green snow stays on the initial boot screen).

Since the external monitor output works fine and the problem exists with two different embedded controllers, and nothing else installed in the chassis, it appears that the problem is in the MegaPAC chassis itself.  Is there anything else I should try before sending the chassis back to NI for repair?  Are there any components in the chassis that can be replaced by the user?

Thanks,

Al 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,651 Views)

Al,

It sounds to me like it may be the display itself.  I would go ahead with the RMA. 

Regards,

Lon A.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,644 Views)