PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video card for my PXI system; want to run duel monitors

There are hardware switch settings on the board.They allow setting the following resolutions: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,763 Views)
Hi,

I'm just booting up an 8105 controller with the Adlink card (cPCI-8217) that you've installed.  It does assume itself as the primary monitor as you say, but I can't boot the system with the card installed.  Furthermore, I don't see any activity on the main controller monitor.  The controller boots fine without the adlink card and the controller monitor.

It sounds as though you didn't have to configure anything with the card.  Is that so? 
Message 12 of 14
(1,551 Views)
Hi,

Does the controller not even power on at all?  Or does it hang somewhere in the boot?  Have you tried the Adlink card in different slots?  Also, were you able to load the driver for the card (if it had one?)

Regards,

Adam W
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,527 Views)
I'm not sure about the 8105 controller, but on the 8186 controller I am using it requires an older version of the video driver that allowed dual monitors (seems really odd). I had an issue with one system that would start to boot up to the point of logon and then the monitors would go blank. I ended up pulling all the cards, reinstalling the video driver on the controller, reinstalling the 8217 video driver, then reinstalling the video card and it worked.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,440 Views)