PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabView Real Time with VME-PXI8015 Kit

I am looking into purchasing the VME-PXI8015 Kit to control a VME chassis with LabView RT.  However, I noticed that this article claims it isn't possible.  I was just wondering if this is still the case with LabView RT 8.5 and controlling a VME system not a VXI stem.  Thank you.

Jacob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,601 Views)
Howdy Crummey,

Just wanted to give ya a quick update. I've done some research the past few days and could find no reference that contradicts the above KnowledgeBase article; I believe its contents still apply, though the article was last updated in 2004. Currently, I'm waiting to hear back from an R&D contact for confirmation. If I find out anything that contradicts the KB, I'll be sure to let you know.
Warm regards,

pBerg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,579 Views)

pBerg,

Thanks for your help.  I figured that was the case, I was just hoping that something had changed since the last update of the KB article.  Unless your R&D contact knows something, I'll have to change my plan.

Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,549 Views)

In the above KB article it talks about "other venders" that allow you to connect a PXI to a VXE (I assume VME too).  However, I can't find any of these other venders.  If anyone knows of any other venders, a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I realize this is NI forum and I'm asking about NI competitors, but my goal is to construct a mostly NI system.  So if I can find a solution to my PXI to VME problem then NI will benefit.  (Just incase anyone was concerned :-)

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,454 Views)
I was just checking up on my post and I realized that my link to the above Knowledge Base article no longer works and I can't find the article now.  I was wondering if anyone had any information on the status of this article?

Thanks,

Jacob

Message Edited by Crummey on 06-03-2008 11:41 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,221 Views)