PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Keysight M9037A Controller in a NI PXIe-1075 Chassis, need to add a slave PXIe-1065 Chassis

Hello,

I have a bit of an odd configuration and I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not the PXIe-8374 will fulfill my needs or not, and if there is some other product that will.

Our master chassis is a NI PXIe-1075. It has a Keysight M9037A controller installed, which is working perfectly with all of the PXI cards we have installed in the chassis. However, we have a PXIe-1065 Chassis that we now need to make a slave to our PXIe-1075. In the case that we were using an NI controller, I know that a NI PXIe-8374 in the master and a NI PXIe-8370 in the slave would be the solution. However, it is unclear to me wheter or not the NI PXIe-8374 will work in a chassis (even an NI chassis) with an non-NI controller. I was hoping someone would be able to clear that up for me.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,736 Views)

The PXIe-8374 has no dependence on the controller in the main chassis, so you're configuration will work (PXIe-8374 in main chassis connected to PXIe-8370 in slave chassis).

robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,730 Views)

Thank you. That's what I suspected, but I wasn't sure.

Part of my confusion came from a paragraph in the related datasheet (found at http://www.ni.com/datasheet/pdf/en/ds-327 😞

"National Instruments provides several chassis expansion MXI products you can use to create multichassis PXI systems that interface to the same system computer. The system computer in the master PXI chassis can be either an NI embedded controller or a PC connected via an NI remote controller."

It kind of implies that the chassis expansion MXI products only work with PCs or NI embedded controllers, and not with other embedded controllers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,723 Views)

I agree with you that that is the implication in the verbiage.  The overwhelming majority of use cases are NI controller based, but that's not the only supported configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,644 Views)