PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ethernet Port 2 as Primary on PXIe-8135

Hi all,

I'm having a problem right now with my PXIe-8135 RT controller that I didn't see in the past. The controller is running NI RT OS 13.1. My potentially unique use of this controller is that I assign Port 2 to be the Primary port and assign it a Static IP Address. I then use Port 1 as a backup port and assign it a Static IP Address on the same subnet. Nothing is connected to Port 1 unless Port 2 were to fail and we would need to connect our computer to Port 1 in order to communicate with the controller. The only reason that Port 2 is used as the primary port is because of a drawing that specifies the system to be built with the ethernet cable plugged into the left most ethernet port on the controller, and that happens to be Port 2 on this controller. 

The problem I'm having is that my network configuration of Port 1 (the secondary port) never sticks. Port 2 (the primary port) never has any issue with staying configured. When I set the Static IP Address of Port 1, then restart the controller, Port 1 is Disabled. I even tried configuring it to be on a different subnet and that didn't work either. I'm having a feeling that the controller will not allow there to be two active ports if Port 2 is set to be the Primary port. Can anyone lend a hand? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,514 Views)

Hello bertelma,

I got the same results. It looks this specific configuration is not supported.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,464 Views)

Yea that's kinda what I was figuring. I just wanted to check with other users to see if you all get the same results. Kinda messes with my system setup, but I'm adaptable. Has anyone else seen this or have an explanation as to why?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,461 Views)