PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use MXI-4 in Windows XP Embedded

I am trying to create an XP embedded component to use my MXI-4 card.

The Target Analyzer Probe does identify that the MXI-4 is present on my development machine.

But, when I import the devices.pmq in the component designer, it fails to include the MXI-4 driver.

Component designer throws a warning: "Could not find a driver for MXI-4 Connection Monitor"

Please suggest.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,392 Views)

Hi,

The MXI simply uses Windows PCI drivers and so these should just be present in your installation although we do not officially support XP embedded so I don't know if there could be a conflict because of that.  You will also need all of the drivers for the cards on your chassis installed on your embedded system.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,377 Views)

Thanks James.

Can you please tell me the driver components (and dependencies) apart from the .nimxi4.inf file, so that I can create a custom component for it.

Cheers,

Aditya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,370 Views)

Also, I need to use my VISA based drivers for rest of the modules, if you can also help me with the com,ponents required.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,368 Views)

Unfortunately I can't as I don't have a MXI kit here.  You will have to set it up on a normal XP machine and see what components it uses, and even then we cannot guarantee it will work.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,356 Views)