cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to install software on RT PXI 1082 target

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I try to run a PXI-1082 chassis (Recovered with Factory parameters) but I have some troubles when I try to install softawre on it via NI-MAX from another PC connected with ethernet cable.

First, I saw a problem from PXI chassis BIOS when I booted PXI chassis in RT mode : "ph_exec.exe is missing". PXI chassis started in RT safe mode. 

Secondly, I have correctly detected Chassis with MAX on PC with correct IP address but when I tried to install software on it, an error message looks like that occured : "No more space in hard disc or input output error occured". I think this is a consequence to previous message "ph_exec.exe is missing".

Could you please help me for this trouble?

Thank you.

BR.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,019 Views)

Hello Vincent,

Could you look at http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/e83b2d502a32f8f9862578cc005e46ee?OpenDocument

The first problem engage the second so maybe with the first problem solved you'll not have the second one.

Could you try this solution and tell me if it's better ?

Best Regards,

Alexis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,970 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vincent14

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your answer. I 'm not able to open your link but I found a solution in NI site : "Dual-Booting Windows and Labview RT on a PXI Controller".

My problem was that my hard disk on PXI controller was configured in NTFS mode and no partition in FAT32 mode existed. That the reason why my PC said "no more space available" because it looked for FAT32 partition disk. I'm surprised that NI do not included FAT32 partition for RT. I probably missed something. Anyway, it seems to work successfully now with FAT32 partition disc.

I can install software on my PXI target know.

Thank you 

BR

Vincent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,964 Views)