PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Installing drivers for PCIe8361 Bridge card

I've installed the PXI Platform Service Pack 15.0. I noticed that "Device Manager" wasn't showing a National Instruments Icon anywhere. However, under Device Manager in "System Devices" I could see that there was an entry called "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" which belongs to slot 1. Slot 1 is where I plugged it in so right now i'm thinking i'm good but I was expecting a NI Driver icon to show up directly under device manager. Please see <file_1, file_2> attachments for a screenshot explaining my statements above. Therefore, I thought that maybe I should uninstall this Service Pack and then just install the "NI-DAQmx" alone. I did this and I get the same conclusion as the above.

The second go around when I installed NI-DAQmx I opened up the NI MAX software application and saw that it was detecting my PCIe8361 card. Please see <file_3> attachment for a screenshot.

At this point I'm kind of confused whether it installed correctly or not. Because "System Devices" is showing it in slot 1 and that NI MAX is detecting it I'm starting to think it installed correctly. However, I was hoping for a NI Driver to show up directly under Device Manager.

NOTE:

Please disregard the "Unknown Device" in <file_1> that pertains to something else that is unimportant.

BACKGROUND ON MY SETUP:

I am not using this board to talk to a NI chassis. We are communicating with an In-House chassis. This is probably unimportant but my point is I have nothing hooked up to the PCIe8361 card that is plugged into slot1 on my motherboard. Right now I'm just wanting to make sure that my driver has installed correctly and that my PC is recognizing my card.

I'm using a Dell 7910 PC.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,529 Views)

Hi $yrengar,

It looks fine to me!  The reason behind this is that the PCI bridge isn't running special NI drivers, it's using PCI standard drivers.  You'll see the chassis and cards under NI because they are interfaced with the NI drivers.

Regards,

Patrick Balaguer

Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,470 Views)