From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering

Hello.

How do I trigg a angular measurement on a DAQmx card PXI-6624 with a analog level measurement on a NI-Scope card PXI-5105?

I have a working measurement of angular with DAQmx on PXI-6624 and I have a analog value measurement with NI-Scope on PXI-5105, I need help on how to trigg on an analog level and then got the angular value of the encoder. The problem is that NI-Scope is used on PXI-5105 card and DAQmx on PXI-6624 card. I do not know how to implement a triggering for DAQmx and NI-Scope.

Best Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,518 Views)

Hello,

You can trigger DAQmx acquisitions by using the DAQmx trigger.vi. Configure this polymorphic vi for Start Digital Edge Trigger and specify the source-parameter to PXISlotx/StartTrigger. If you'd like to send the Scope Trigger to a specific line, you can use the niScope Export Signal.vi. If you send it to e.g. PFI0, you have to specify the DAQmx trigger to this source instead.

Hope it helps.

Pelle S
Account Manager
National Instruments Sweden
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,506 Views)

Hej Pelle!

The problem is at DAQmx card PXI-6624, where there is a CI Angular Encoder. It runs and gives the angle, but when I include a DAQmx Start Trigger (Digital Edge).vi, there is a Error of Measurements: "Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task". This error comes from Property: Start.TrigType.

Same happens when the triggering is exported from niScope Export Signal.vi as you suggested to the DAQmx measurement on PXI-6624.

Is it possible to use triggering from PXI-5105 to PXI-6624 when measuring an analog singal and to get the angular position when this signal level is above a specific level?

I have attached a simple application, with this problem.

Johan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,489 Views)
Hi.

I have done some tests on the Angle measurement with DAQmx and realised that I cannot use DAQmx Start Trigger (Digital Edge).vi to start at PXI-6624. I got the message I wrote on previous message to this thread.
But it is possible to use a property node of DAQmx Trigger with settings of ArmStart (please see the picture). This setting with DAQmx Read(Counter DBL 1Chan 1Samp).vi does work only in Highlight Execution (debugging) mode of the VI. When it is running in normal mode the result i zero. There is a accaptable time limit of 3ms to delay the loop, but this also gives a zero value.

My question is if DAQmx Read(Counter DBL 1Chan 1Samp).vi can read "CI Angular Encoder" in a loop?

Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,476 Views)