From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering PXI-board: Intermittent failure?

Hi, Everyone!

I'm trying to perform sampling from two boards at the same time. One board is an ordinary PCI-6224 and the other is a PXI-6229 located in our PXI-system. After a lot of trial and error (and some help from these discussion boards) I succeded performing sycnchronized continuous sampling from both boards by using the VI attached. It exports the master clock to a pfi-port and this signal is taken in by the pxi-board through another pfi-port and a physical wire.
Apparently, the VI manages to trigger the pxi-board, but not every time. Looking at an array indicator while running my main program I se that the channels from the pxi-board "drop out" perhaps one in four times. Any idea what cause this behaviour? I'm an amateur in LV and can't figure this out myself.

regards,

Einar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,770 Views)

Hello!

You could implement some real HW triggering in order to fully synchronize the boards. Please look at shipping examples and examples on our website where you can see SW triggered and HW triggered examples. If you look at these examples you will also see how they make parts of the code execute in a specific order using the error cluster.

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,715 Views)