From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger an NI FGEN Script Trigger with an analog threshold

I’d like to use the four Script Triggers that are available in scripting mode of the PXI-5421 to trigger the generation of different waveforms on the fly. I'l be monitoring a real world signal, and if the level of this goes above a certain threshold, I'd like to generate a different waveform than if it doesn't. Ideally I'd be able to plug my real world signal straight into the trigger input of the 5421 and set the Script Trigger to trigger at an analog threshold. However, the Script Triggers only accepts digital triggers, so this isn't possible.

Is there a PXI module that could monitor the real world analog signal, and generate a backplane digital trigger when it passes a certain threshold? I've got a 5105 scope which will be acquiring the same real world signal, but this will be triggered separately, and I imagine you can only have a single NI SCOPE trigger operating on any one device.

So I guess what I'm looking for is something that does this:

- Has a single analog input

- Has four digital outputs (0 - 3)

- When analog input goes above x volts, output a trigger from digital output 0

- When analog input goes above y volts, output a trigger from digital output 1

- When analog input goes above z volts, output a trigger from digital output 2

- When analog input goes above u volts, output a trigger from digital output 3

After writing this out, I'm now imagining it's not possible with NI kit without an FPGA.

Any suggestions welcome,

Christian.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,532 Views)