From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger PXI 5122 digitizer

Hello all,

I am using XP, LV 8.2.1, PXI-5122. 

Here is my test situation. I would like to coninuously trigger my PXI-5122 with an external signal.  I don' t know if continuous  is the right word but I need the PXI card to take 1024 pts at 100MS/s once it has received the trigger signal, then wait for the next trigger edge and then repeat the same data acquisition.  Is this possible?  I have been playing with some of the built in examples but have been unable to accomplish this as of yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Azazel
Azazel

Pentium 4, 3.6GHz, 2 GB Ram, Labview 8.5, Windows XP, PXI-5122, PCI-6259, PCI-6115
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,235 Views)
I just read that the PXI-5122 has a trigger re-arm of 100us, but with my settings it needs to be re-armed every ~ 23us.  Is there a way to get around this?

Azazel
Azazel

Pentium 4, 3.6GHz, 2 GB Ram, Labview 8.5, Windows XP, PXI-5122, PCI-6259, PCI-6115
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,237 Views)
Hello Azazel,

With regards to your first post,  I don't know if you have taken a look at the niScope EX Multi Record.vi and the Fetch In Chunks.vi.  Also, on the PXI-5122, the rearm time is dependant on whether you have the TDC (Time to Digital Conversion circuit) turned off or not.  If it is off, you have a rearm time of 2us and if it is on you have a rearm time of 10us.  More information can be found in the detailed specifications of the 5122, which can be accessed by clicking here.  If you do need to extend the trigger time to 23us you can use the trigger holdoff functionality.

Regards
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,219 Views)