PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigged digital out channels

Hi!
I need some help to generate hardware trigged digital signals.

Incomming signals:
Pulse train on PXI-6624 and Counter/ctr0.

Outgoing signals:
Digital signal on PXI-6627 and DIO/port3/line0:3 (four lines).

I have an incomming pulse signal on my PXI-6624:Ctr0 and want to use this to trigg my four digital out lines on the rising edge, but cannot see how to do this.

I have a software solution using two loops:
One loop is handling signals, where I am using the insignal to measure signal rate and four digital out lines to control an equipment.
The other loop is decision making. This loop:s delay time is based on the incoming pulse rate. Based on the the incoming signal rate this loop is also taking decisions on what the outgoing digital pattern will be.
Example: Incoming signal rate is 50Hz, then the outgoing digital pattern will be 1001 (nibble) and this loop will be delayed 0,02sec (1/50Hz).

During this 20msec delaying, there is plenty of time to set the outgoing digital pattern to 1001 (based on my 2GHz Intel Core Duo CPU), but a requirement of this solution is to latch out this pattern on the rising edge of incoming pulses, which is hard to fulfil with software.

My question is how can I do this triggering on my hardware? These two PXI-cards are on same chassis PXI-1042Q. I need the counter card to trigg my digital card, where the digital pattern waits for be latched.

I am gratetful for all help I can get.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,922 Views)