From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermocouples Fail to Update Properly

Hello, 

I am trying to read in the data from some variable number of thermocouples, and then select which of the thermocouples to display on a waveform chart.  I am using a PXIe 1082  for my DAQ.  I have attached my VI.  The problem I get is that sometimes (but not always!) if I apply heat to two thermocouples at a time, their response is much slower then when I just apply heat to one thermcouple.  here are pictures of the response of 1 and 2 thermocouples:

Alone.JPGBoth.JPG

I have guessed that it is some sort of timing error and tried to update a few things.  I currently have a producer/consumer system set up because I will eventually need to write this data to a file.  Maybe something there is causing problems. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,723 Views)

Nate,

After taking a look at your code I notice a few things.  These are in no order.

1) you have no wait in your acquisition loop.  It might be nice to put a wait in there.

2) try graphing in your producer loop as well as your consumer loop.  See if there is a difference between the two.

3) is this actualy a response rate time or a difference in amplitude? It doesnt look like the second screenshot ever gets above 30.  

4) how are you heating the thermocouples? is it consistent?  

5) if you still think its a response rate problem it would be nice to see an X axis that has more than 2 points.  

Let us know if you discover anything else.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,678 Views)