PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The DisplayPort to DVI cable not working with PXIe-8135 RT

Hi all,

I recently bought and installed the very beefy PXIe-8135 RT controller into my PXIe-1065 chassis and I am having mixed results with the DisplayPort video output. If I use the supplied DisplayPort to VGA adapter that NI supplies with the controller I have no issues with the video output. If I use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter that I have (and use an accomanying HDMI cable) I have no issues. However, I also bought a third party DisplayPort to DVI-D integrated cable and I have no video output from the controller with this cable. If I use the cable with my laptop it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas or troubleshooting tips? Is this a driver problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,935 Views)

bartelma,

What OS are you using on your controller? Do you have dual-boot capability?

Kirk L. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,897 Views)

I'm using the PharLap RT OS and since it's the RT version of the controller it is not Windows bootable

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,888 Views)

Do you have the monitor plugged in and connected when you boot the PXI? This seems to be necessary on some of the newer PXI hardware with certain peripherals. 

Beyond that, since this is a third-party cable, I'm not sure what other steps we would be able to try.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,873 Views)

Yea I know what you mean about needing the monitor cable plugged in when the controller is booted, I've run into that as well. So yes I do have it plugged in on boot. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,861 Views)