PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Analog supplies on my PXI-1042 are out of spec.

The power LED on my PXI-1042 is flashing red. I noticed this after installing two new modules (PXI-6551 andPXI-2567). Removing all the modules does not fix the problem. I measured the supply levels at the voltage monitor socket and the +/-12V are at +13.03V and -13.15V. Has this damaged my PXI boards and how do I fix the analog supply levels?
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,223 Views)
I am also having the same problem.  The power-on LED just started flashing red one day after a month of normal operation.  I have 3 boards installed.  The problem persists even if I take them out.  Does anyone know how to fix this??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,101 Views)
Check the voltage levels at the monitor socket on the back of the PXI chassis. The pinout is in the PXI documentation. One of the supply levels is most likely out of spec. The fix is to send you chassis to NI for repair. The good news is, if the levels are not too far out of spec, your modules are probably OK.
Message 3 of 4
(3,094 Views)
Looks like pin 4 on the voltage monitoring connector (DB-9) is at 0 V rather than 3.3 V.  I'll have to send it back then.  Thanks for the advice Bob.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,091 Views)