From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing the 4110 in Cal Exec 3.6

We are trying to get rid of our XP computers so upgraded Cal Exec from 3.4.1 at the same time.  The new 4110 test has 4 added sections.  There is no README file so I am stumbling through.  First, I discovered that it really wants you to use the their PXI-4071 DMM.  Next,  I was able to step through and find that there are 10 new resistive loads I will need to complete the Load Regulation tests.  However, it chokes on Line Regulation.  At this point, it starts calling for an adjustable supply instead of the APS-4100 external supply that was used for all tests up to this point.  Of course, there is nothing to tell what supply it wants me to use.  Does anyone use this?  Can you fill me in on what additional resources are required?

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,070 Views)

Hi GeorgeMetrology,

What version of Cal Exec did you upgrade to?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,985 Views)

We just upgraded from 3.4.1 on an XP machine to 3.6 on a Win7 machine.  After I posted my question, I was given a link with all kinds of useful information.  It does not list the load values or show any connections, but it does list recommended equipment.  Great link: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/2742A60E930DE92186257CED0077EBB7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,970 Views)

Hi George,

The Load Regulation and Line Regulation sections of the Calibration procedure were added a few years ago.  I believe you were using a version of Cal Exec that didn't implement these sections of the procedure previously.  When you upgraded, these verification routines were added.  

The entire calibration procedure is located here.  Inside you'll find a description of each test that is performed along with equipment requirements and test conditions.

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,960 Views)