PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Equipment for Power Supply

Hi ,
I want to develop a test software for power supply using LabVIEW which we can use for our mass production.

We are currently using the following for the development stage.

1. Digital Multimeter(Topward 1330)
2.Oscilloscope(Agilent DSO 6054A)
3.Programmable AC Source(Chroma 6430)
4. DC electronic Load (Chroma 63030)

We are using GPIB as the programming interface.We also use NI-VISA, NI-488.2 from LabVIEW to communicate.

Since I am new to this domain, I need an expert help in programming this software.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,464 Views)

Do you have a specific issue that you have ran into?  Do you want to hire somebody to do the work for/with you?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,447 Views)

Hi , 

No i dont want to hire anybody. I need an expert  help to start off with this.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,436 Views)

Hi,

Nice that you have those instruments for the test, but first things first. I would start with a full test specification. What functionality and which parameters must be tested, what are the limits, how far do you want to test over these limits, isolation test, test time, diagnostics in case of a defective psu, etc, etc

If I had more coffee I would drop a items more.

After you agree about the testspecification you can define the test program and then you can start programming.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,428 Views)
And for follow up questions, please don't post to this board. You have nothing related to NI's pxi chassis/boards.

p.s. And after the test specification is complete, perform the tests manually. You can't understand a programmatic approach if you don't understand the instruments and their capabilities.
Message 5 of 6
(5,416 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
And for follow up questions, please don't post to this board. You have nothing related to NI's pxi chassis/boards.

p.s. And after the test specification is complete, perform the tests manually. You can't understand a programmatic approach if you don't understand the instruments and their capabilities.

"You can't automate what you can't do manually" is one of my favorite maxims. 

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,275 Views)