cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature Monitoring on PXIe-1082

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm attempting to monitor chassis (and eventually card) temperatures of my PXI system (PXIe-1082 chassis and a PXIe-8135 controller running Real-Time Phar Lap ETS 13.1) in RT. When viewing my PXIe-1082 chassis in NI MAX I am able to see a list of four temperature sensors that update as I refresh the tab.

My problem occurs when I attempt to use the system configuration API to read these temperatures. I'm running the system configuration API on the RT target, using local host to initialize the system session. I can monitor CPU usage and memory using system hardware property nodes, but when I attempt to read temperature (Devices & Chassis or System Resources->Temperature Sensors) I receive error code 2147220623, the property does not exist for this resource. I have included a code snippet below written in LV 2015.

I'm wondering if the issue could be related to using the controller (NI PXIe-8135) as my system session reference rather than chassis or specific cards. Is there another method of monitoring device temperatures? Should these properties be supported on my hardware via the system configuration API?

Cheers,

Mike 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,938 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MikeMcKenzie

Hi Mike,

I found a community example that can remotely read from the onboard temperature sensor- here's a link. I would look into how they reference the sensor, and use it to verify the method used in your program. 

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
Message 2 of 3
(3,905 Views)

Hi Kathryn,

That's exactly what I was after.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,884 Views)