From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subvi NiFGen initialize.vi gives a 0x1544 error

One of the old pc are breaking down, so I installed labview 7.1 on a better pc together with all the project files. The communication with the pxi rack is running perfectly. But when I start on of the projects I get an error message. Function Node 0x1544 of Subvi"niFgen Initialize.vi". I checked the Vi but can't find any problems, everything is the same as on the old pc where it is working.  Can someone help me with this problem!!!!! I also checked if the dll directory for the niFgen_32.dll in the call library function, but that's also ok.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,246 Views)

Dear Mr Bomer,

Thank you for your forum post on our website. Which version of NI FGEN are you using? Please find the latest versions under the following link;

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sb/navsRel/lang/en?q=NI-FGEN

the latest driver is compatible with Labview 7.1 and later. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Best regards,

Martijn

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,213 Views)
Dear Martijn,

I installed the new version of Nifgen but without succes.

It still has some problems with the call library function I think.
see the pictures I made. I also replaced the Nifgen initialize.vi but without succes.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,195 Views)

Dear Mr Bomer,

Bad to hear that it didn't work. You did uninstall the old driver before installing the new one? Can you provide me with the following information?

- which signal generator are you using? Which PXI slot is the module installed (please try another slot)

- please try the FGEN soft pannel without the hardware installed, can you simulate a signal generator?

- are you working with a PX embedded cintroller or a MXI link?

- which operating system are you running?

finally I noticed that a customer with the same problem reinstalled his Labview run time engine, this solved his problem. Please find the runtime engine under the following link; http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sn/n14:en,n19:Windows,n23:4.28.5000/lang/en

Please let me know if this works,

Best regards,

Martijn

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,187 Views)
Martijn,

I think I solved the problem. It was a nifgen_32.DLL file from the niFgen initailize.vi that was the wrong version. I upgraded that version with a new version and now it's working. The Vi was linked to this nifgen_32.dll ,but the vi was a newer version then the .dll file so that gave the problem.

Thank you for the support.

Kind Regards,

Barry Bomer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,183 Views)