PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solutions to program a PXIe - 6555

Hi there,

We are working with a PXIe - 1075 as chassis and we are focusing on the PXI - 6555 module whom is basically an 200 Hz I/O with PPMU. Our goal is to program labview in such a way that we can use properly the PXI - 6555 as an I/O device.

For now, we've managed to interact with MAX and so to aquire the basics (the signal) and we were wondering how to program if we wanted to imput our own signal (our own frequency and so on ...).

Other question : can we program each I/O seperatly (DDC) in order to generate signal and read them on other .

Thank you,

Alexandre Mercier

Research studend at the University of Windsor

Ontario, Canada

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,938 Views)

Hi Alexandre,

You can perform the tasks that you would like to use the board for, but the "how" will vary based on what you are trying to do.

I would suggest looking at the 6555 specifications to make sure you understand the hardware limitations as far as current/voltage protection and maximum limits, as well as accuracy calcuations.

Next, I would review the HSDIO Help that we put in a .chm for relevant information on the programming interface that you have and how to use it. There is also a ton of helpful information there about the board and its features.

Once you've become a little bit more familiar with your documentation, I'd navigate to the Example Finder that is built into LabVIEW and look for relevant examples that the HSDIO driver ships with. You can find many examples of the software flow used to program the board and various modes that it can operate in. This should give you the best starting point for configuring the onboard clock frequency, reading/writing from DIO lines, etc.

With those two documents and your examples on hand, you should have more than enough to get started and use the board. You can start looking at examples first if you'd like, then look back at the help to identify the VI's used and their purpose. 

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,898 Views)