PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sluggish behavior of PXI-8176

My PXI-8176 embedded computer with WinXP on a PXI-1010 chassis is very sluggish. It takes several minutes to boot up and several minutes to load LabVIEW. I have the impression that the issue had been getting worse over time. I cleaned up and defragmented the hard disk, but noticed hardly any improvement. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,509 Views)
Hello pbuerki:

How much RAM do you have in your system?
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,495 Views)

Roland, thanks for your help.

I have 128MB and a 1.26 GHz Pentium III processor.

I also started getting the error message Windows - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low. In the Performance Options, the memory usage is adjusted for best performance of programs, and the virtual memory is set to System managed size. As far as I know, these are the factory defaults. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,493 Views)
Hello pbuerki:

Have you considered increasing your RAM? I think in this situation that would be the best solution.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,481 Views)
Would you know the exact type of memory chips that I need? I checked with my NI sales engineer and he referred me to

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/562E5234BDD783FD86256ACE0046FF1B. However, this webpage does not list the exact model (manufacturer, part #) that is recommended by NI. All they say is that I can upgrade to up to 512MB and that I need a PC133 SO-DIMM RAM @ 133 MHz card.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,463 Views)
Hello pbuerki:

It states that we verify only the RAM that we sell. If you are looking to purchase the RAM from National Instruments, you can contact the NI sales engineer for details on the RAM.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,440 Views)

Hi Roland,

I have purchased the memory upgrade from NI. This indeed did the trick. The system is much faster now.

Thank you for your help.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,369 Views)