PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared variables crash during start

Hello,

I have a problem with crashing of Shared varibles during startup of my Real-time system on PXI-8106 ( Error: -1950679035 ). But the problem probably comes from ethernet settings. When I delete DNS and Gateway address and reboot, Shared variables are initialized properly. But only one-time next reboot or switch ON/OFF I meet the same problem. This issue was occurred after update of LV Real-time to 13.1. Everything went properly with older LV Real-time module and drivers. Did someone meet similiar issue? Could you help me please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,010 Views)

Dear oldrich.hamernik,

What kind of shared variables are we talking about here? What are they used for? Do you use them as a part of an existing Real-Time Application, or are they added for new development?

The issue you are encountering seems to me as a software or appication induced error, as I could not find any similar cases or bugs.

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,949 Views)

Dear Mr. Valko,

We're talking about Shared varibles used for communication between application running in host PC and realtime application running in PXI (see attachment). I run the PXI application as a startup. The problem is that the Shared variables aren't initialized correctly and Error: -1950679035 is occurred. Same applications (for Host PC and PXI) were running in older version of Labview realtime without any problem, the problem came after upgrade to LV realtime 13.1. and install new drivers. I've tried to increase delay between start  of PXI LV Runtime engine and accessing to Shared variables but without any results. When I delete DNS and Gateway IP address in MAX, save setting and reboot, PXI application with Shared varible engine started correctly but only onetime, I meet the same error during next reboot of PXI. Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,919 Views)