From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWITCH and DMM Handshaking in simulation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

should the SWITCH DMM Handshaking example work in simulation?

I'm thinking the triggers aren't comming through from SWITCH to DMM and/or the other way round.

Simulating the chassis and the SWITCH and DMM.

I didn't try simulating only the SWITCH in a real PXI setup yet. I'm only lacking the SWITCH.

thx,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,689 Views)

Hi kdCMC,

Just double checking, is this the example in LabVIEW?

I know this VI waits for a digital pulse from the switch before taking any measurements, and am not sure if this can be simulated. In the 'NI Switches Help' reference, I found the line "If simulation is enabled, instrument driver functions perform range checking and call Ivi_GetAttribute and Ivi_SetAttribute functions, but they do not perform instrument I/O"

Perhaps someone else knows for sure.

If you want to give it a go, there's a tutorial on 'Creating and Using Simulated Switches':

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A1F0D6A3357E14B386256E4B0071FDA2

Out of interest, what do you need to simulate this example for?

Best regards,

Leah

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,660 Views)

Good day,

thanks for the answer.

I used the alternate method described in the doc to simulate the switch and the dmm.

It is the example of labVIEW.

The example works as is (continuous scan & # of triggers to 0 with dmm in measurement loop: backlog # > 0. But I want a specific # of scans as specified in the scan list -> # of triggers == # entries in the scan list & continuous scan to F. Without dmm in a measurement loop, but once retrieving the # of measurements (which should be equal to the # of triggers == backlog #), but the backlog stays at 0 (& measurement times out).

I will try to only simulate the switch into a real PXI setup which I've got, but I'm missing the labVIEW PC right now. I will try this when I have back that PC (within a week).

thx & regards,

Koen. (I want to measure shorts and opens in 2 scans, one scan for the opens & one scan for the shorts on a 2535 FET MUX 136 columns switch linked to a PCB.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,655 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kdCMC

it works outside simulation, with real physical DMM 4065 & 2535 FET MUX on a PXI1078 Chassis with remote controller(oem PC).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,582 Views)