PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVX and NIDAQmx example not working, Help

I put LV 7.1 on a PXI system I am debugging along with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit. I cannot get the examples to run even after reinstalling and updating almost all of the software. On my desktop, I have LV 7.1.1 and I have no problems.

The error I am getting is the properties for the DAQmx reference are not valid. For example, the code svx_ClearAO_ClearAI(DAQmx).vi under examples/Sound and Vibration/Utility/Audio/DAQmx gives this error for the property node "PhysicalChanName". Can you please point me in the correct direction?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,646 Views)
MF,

I am an Applications Engineer for National Instruments and I would like to work with you to fix these errors.  Can you please tell me which examples you are running and also the error code you are receiving.  I would like to try and duplicate the errors here.  Can you also tell me the version of DAQmx you have installed and the version of the Sound and Vibration Toolset? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,642 Views)
Hi Jeff,

The DAQmx version is 8.1.0f1 and the Sound and Vibration Toolset is 4.0.49153 running XP on a PXI-8196 module.

The examples I am having problems with are:

SVXMPL_Amplitude Swept THD (DAQmx).vi
SVXMPL_Averaged Frequency Response (DAQmx).vi
SVXMPL_One Shot Gain Phase and Distortion (DAQmx).vi
SVXMPL_One Shot Gain and Distortion (DAQmx).vi
SVXMPL_One Shot IMD (DAQmx).vi
SVXMPL_One Shot Phase Linearity (DAQmx).vi
SVXMPL_Settled Dynamic Range (DAQmx).vi
SVXMPL_WAV Recorder (DAQmx).vi

All of the traditional  DAQ stuff works. I looked in just one of the examples and found that the error was in here:

svx_ClearAO_ClearAI(DAQmx).vi under examples/Sound and Vibration/Utility/Audio/DAQmx. Also found the same error type in svx_Get DAQmx Info.vi for AI.Max and AI.Min properties. The exact error is:

Property Node: invalid property

Thanks for your help.

Michael Froehlich
WinSoft Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,639 Views)
Michael,

This is interesting.  Since your errors are coming from DAQmx property nodes, it looks like the error might not have anything to do with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit.  I want to give you a simple program to test this out.  Could you please tell me all of the hardware in your system?

Along with that, does your error message have a numerical code associated with it?

Thanks,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,621 Views)
Hello Jeff,

Here is the system:

Slot 1 PXI-8196 running XP with 512 MB RAM
Slot 2 PXI-5102 Oscilloscope
Slot 3 PXI-4461 Audio Analyzer/Generator
Slot 4 PXI-4060 DMM

There is no numerical error associated with the error because the code does not run.

Since yesterday, I installed NIDAQmx 8.3. A big download and I hope it does not mess with versions of LabVIEW prior to 7.1 but it looks like it does. The NIDAQmx 8.3 did not clear up the problem.

Like I have said, the desktop PC with the same NIDAQmx/VISA/LabVIEW does not have problems. The PXI system has the problems. Other DAQmx examples work on the PXI but just some of the property nodes do not work correctly.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,622 Views)
Michael,

LabVIEW 7.1 definitely supports NI-DAQmx 8.3.  I find it perplexing that the DAQmx examples are working fine but other examples based on DAQmx are giving errors.  So far I know that the AI.MAX and AI.MIN are two properties giving you errors.  Could you please run the following example and tell me how it works?  It is designed to work with your PXI-4461.  I made this new DAQmx program that strips everything down and sets the range using just the AI.MAX and AI.MIN property nodes.

Also could you send a screenshot of the error message that you are getting.  You can just hit "Print Screen", open Paint, and select "Paste."

Thank you very much,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,607 Views)
Hello Again Jeff,

Sorry for the long delay. I tried the example but it is written in LV 8.0. Can you please save it to LV 7.1? I will be shipping the system off on Monday so please get it to me so I can send you the results.

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,554 Views)
Hi Michael,

Sorry about that.  Try this.

Regards,

Jeff T.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,552 Views)
Hello Jeff,

I ran the example and got the screenshots but cannot send them to you over the forum unless I had a place to put them. Anyway, the example show that the "active Channels" property required a "configured NI-DAQmx channel" and that the hardware channel was not accepted. I only saw this property on the PXI system and not on my desktop but then again, my desktop used simulated devices and not hardware devices. When I configured a NI-DAQmx channel on the PXI, the software worked as intended. But the physical or hardware channels caused an error.

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,546 Views)