PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SATA port empty (PXI 8108)

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a PXI 8108 embedded controller in a PXI-1042Q chassis, which currently will not boot due to not detecting the SATA drive. On looking at the BIOS utility (Aptio Setup Utility) the only non-standard parameter is that the "Serial ATA Port 0" is listed as "Empty".

This problem started following connection of a USB hub to one of the controller's USB ports. I've tried toggling a number of options including the USB configuration and boot configuration as well as clearing the CMOS, all to no avail. On startup, I'm taken straight to the Aptio Setup Utility each time. If I hold F10 while starting, I arrive at the boot drive selection, and the only option is to Enter Setup. i.e. there are no bootable devices found.

Have I fried the hard drive or the motherboard? Any suggestions on how to fix this short of replacing the controller?

Many thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,380 Views)

An update to this in case anyone has this problem in the future. It looks like the hard drive is broken in some major capacity. The HDD is unrecognisable by any machine, so it looks like something to do with the USB hub power has caused the failure of components in the HDD. On replacing the HDD, so far everything seems to be running as normal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,220 Views)