PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Connection to PXI

I am trying to connect my WindowsXP PC to a PXI chassis. The PXI system is a 1011 chassis with a PXI-8175 Controller. It has the PXI-6704 and PXI-6040E boards in it. The SCXI power is switched off. On start up, the PXI starts NI-Serial v2.5 for LabVIEW RT, and successfully starts the NI-VISA Server.

The PC is running WindowsXP SP2. I have LabVIEW 7.1 with FPGA, RT, and RIO recently installed. The DAQ drivers have also been recently reinstalled from the website. There is a working PCI-MOI-16E-1 card installed. Both machines are on the same network.

When starting MAX and expanding Remote Systems the identifier for the PXI system shows up. It shows the correct IP address, and says Connected-Running. I can expand the identifier to show Data Neighboorhood, Devices and Interfaces, Scales, and Software. However, when trying to expand any of these categories, they all show up blank. I have attempted to install software by selecting the Software category and clicking "Install Software" but I get an error that says "The operation could not be completed. Operation failed with error code: 1 Operation Failed."

I believe that I should at least be able to see the PXI controller in the Devices and Interfaces category and from there be able to install or configure the boards that are in the PXI chassis. What else must I do to install this Remote PXI system?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,208 Views)
Do you know if your Internet Connection Firewall is disabled on the Windows XP machine?

Please refer to the KnowledgeBase "Real-Time Target Software Installation Fails from MAX on Windows XP with Internet Connection Firewall", at the following link:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CDE78C80C381240C86256E1D0050ADA5?OpenDocument

"Windows XP introduced a new Internet Connection Firewall. When enabled, (Control Panel>>Network Connections>>Local Area Network>>Properties>>Advanced ), it will filter out the necessary UDP packets for MAX to be able to install RT software on the RT target. The only solution is to disable the firewall temporarily during the software installation."

Jeff M.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,188 Views)