PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Machine is Disconnecting When Program is Run.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here so i appologize if i am posting this in the wrong spot. I'm having trouble implementing a simble PXIe code, I have a real time PXIe-8135 with a PXIe-6356 board in slot 2, a PXIe-6612 in slot 3 and slot 4, and a PXIe-6733. I'm trying to send in recieve several different inputs and outputs between boards, and I'm having a difficult time. whenever I run my code I get disconnected from the real time machine, a little box pops up that says " waiting for the target to respond," and has a button to disconnect from the target.  Has anyone seen something like this before? I've included my code below. 

any advice would be great,

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(4,990 Views)

Hi,

This happens always with this specific code or with any other code?

Have you try to do the communication between two cards instead of 4, just to see if you have the same behavior.

When that happens, can you ping your PXI or you have to restart it to make it work again?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(4,970 Views)

Hey Keroba,

This seems to happen when i encorporate counters with the code, I've tried just using 2 boards (and am actually only using 3 for this code) for several other programs and I've never had a problem until now.  I have not tried pinging my PXI but I can, I usually just try reconnecting via the project, and when that enevitably fails i turn the machine off and on again.  I have been working on this code for a while and corrected a few errors that made it "more" stable, i.e. Instead of passing an analog output to the daqmx create timing source, i passed an analog input, and i changed the digital input from N channel 1 samples to Digital 1D Bool Channel 1 Sample. This has allowed me to compile the program, sometimes, but it is still unstable and still disconnects more often than it compiles. I've included this version (DIOworking.vi) below as well as a version which is able to be compiled stably but has no counters (DIOworkingcounter.vi).

as far as i can tell there are no errors, the thing just disconnects the host computer from the PXI. Thanks for looking into this,

-P

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(4,962 Views)

sorry they didn't attach

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(4,960 Views)

Hi There,

Thanks for the attachments!

I am seeing that the only difference between the VIs is the counters and the waveform charts, so I would like to do some tests here:

1- Instead of using the wavewform charts, use indicators to see what happened.

2- Why do not create the task in parallel?

Please try this steps and tell me how it goes

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(4,944 Views)

That is a lot more stable, like, unbelievebly so, I'm going to keep working on it and see what happens, but i think we stumbled onto a solution. any idea why the waveforms would cause that when used with a counter?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(4,932 Views)

still not stable, I tried turning the controller off and on again, and it stopped compiling.... we were so close!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(4,928 Views)

It could be that your real time controller is being "starved" because of the ammount of time it takes the code inside the Timed Loop takes to execute, can you try running this with either a larger time for the timed loop, or replacing it altogether with a while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,903 Views)

I turned the timing down to 1000 Hz, it was able to run the first two times, but the third time it disconnected again, i'll replace the timed loop with a regular while loop and let you know what happens

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(4,898 Views)

I replaced the timed loop with a while loop, still no good... do you have any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(4,897 Views)