PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read in Load cell measurement with SCXI 1520 in an PXI-1050 with PXI-6221

I have a PXI-1050 chassis
It uses a PXI-8331 (MXI-4) to connect to a PC running a P4 with win2000 and LV8.5
It has a PXI 6221 (m-series) in slot 8
It has a SCXI 1520 in slot 1 of the SCXI extension (uses a 1314 terminal block)

I want to read in a load cell (futek model 224677, full bridge type1).  I connected the excitation and supply as indicated to ch0 of 1520.
How do i read this into LabVIEW.   This is my first  time with PXI, previously I have used an ISO rack with full bridge modules that I sent directly into ai channel of another DAQ board, makes for easy voltage reading.  I was told this chassis works similarly in that the M-series 6221 is connected to the SCXI somehow.  I have tried several things, but can't get any readings. none of the 53 manuals that came with the system packaging seem to indicate how this combo system works.

Simple attempt has been to use DAQ assist.  Tried reading in a strain from SCXI ch0, tried a voltage from scxi ch0 as well as the pxi-6221 ai0.  no readings.  What am I doing wrong?  Please note that I am in a university setting, and need things to be as simple as possible so that I can teach it to others who do not have a strong LV/DAQ background. 

Thank you for your time.

--Alex--
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,306 Views)
Alex,
Did you check if the system in configured in the measurment and Automation Explorer(MAX) ?
If it is, I recommend that you create a task in MAX to do a simple measurment on your SCXI 1520.

Regards,
Faris

Bueller
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,290 Views)
  I did.  MAX shows everything fine.  When I go into MAX and run a test it shows no response from my load cell.  i.e. I hit "start" for the test and I see a typical noisy voltage signal bu when I manually adjust the load cell and there is no change in the response on the test screen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,288 Views)

I recommend checking the following

1) The PXI system is identified in MAX

2) The right terminal block to the 1520 is set correctly in MAX

3)What you are having is a different issue , but it is worth checking the following link.:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C56F7D3E11C546208625726100672CA2?OpenDocument

4) Check chapter two the 1520 manual, and check the right connection as well as what bridge configuration you are using.

5) If available try measuring the voltage output from the load cell with a different device ( a separate multimeter), and see if the load cell is operating as it should be.

6) Set the acquisition mode in the task you create in MAX to continous.

best of luck

Bueller
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,263 Views)