PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFSADeviceNumbers not showing any number

Hi,

I am following the steps on 'Acquiring Data Interactively'  section in 5600 getting started guide and doing them on the PXI in my lab.

In the RFSA Demo Panel, in the dialog box of RFSADeviceNumbers, I do not see any numbers for the Down Converter and IF Digitizer  when I click on the drop down arrow.. If I click OK, it gives me an error that "The specified device is not an NI product, the driver does not support the device...".

However, in MAX I can see the device numbers for  NI PXIe-5601 and NI PXIe-5622. 

Could anyone please tell me how to resolve this error.

Thanks so much,

Sharmi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,925 Views)

You are having PXIe-5601 and PXIe-5622 but as I see form the specification of the RFSA it supports (NI PXIe-5661/5663/5665). I am not sure about that may be that is one of the reason why you can see the system in the MAX but no in RFSA.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,922 Views)

5663 is a combination od three cards - PXIe-5601 and PXIe-5622 and PXI-5652, so it should be supported.

Could someone please tell me why I cannot see the device numbers?

Thanks,

Sharmi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,918 Views)

Hi Sharmi,

I believe this is expected behaviour. Please see the bottom of page 3-8 of the User Manual: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371237f.pdf .

Note MAX treats the NI 5601 RF downconverter, the NI 5622 IF digitizer, and the 

NI PXI-5652 LO source as separate devices, so you must associate the devices for
transparent operation of all three modules as a single instrument (the NI 5663) using
NI-RFSA.

You need to associate your devices in MAX. then they will all act as a single instrument. Pages 3-8 to 3-10 detail how to setup and configure your devices.

Regards,

Jason L.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,912 Views)