From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Performance and Memory Problems on PXI Target

Hi,

Since I've upgraded to Labview 8.5, I'm experiencing problems with Profile Performance and Memory on my PXI system. As shown in the attached images, most of the functions running on the RT PXI Target have a runtime of 0 microseconds, while they did have a certain number of runs (the IMAQ functions in the example). I know for certain that their runtime was not 0 microseconds, because the function they execute runs without error. I just need to know what the runtime of the individual VI's is to see where it can be improved.

When I use the Profile Performance and Memory on a usual Labview program that does not run on a PXI target, it works without error. The PXI I use is a NI PXI-8186, it runs Labview RT 8.5. When using the Profile Performance and Memory in Labview RT 8.2, the problem did not exist. I could use the Execution Trace toolkit to see the timing of my software, but I prefer Profile Performance and Memory, because it is more easy in use and no additions to the Labview code are needed.

Hopefully anybody could help me with this problem.

Regards, Sebastiaan.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,869 Views)