PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Start Asynchronous Call

Hi,

I have a VI (Clocks.vi) that I use to generate various sinewaves out of the PXI chassis. This program is located in the PXI folder in my project (otherwise I get an error like 'ressource missing' or equivalent when I try to run it).

I also have various top level VIs located in the computer folder in my project.

In one of them (Locking Interface.vi), I try to start Clocks.vi asynchronously. I believe I followed the steps described in the help, however it seems that LV starts a clone of Clocks.vi that doesn't have any effect. If I try to change the sinewaves (amplitude, frequency...) from the front pannel that pops up, nothing happens. But if I double click Clocks.vi in the project window, a new (identical) front pannel up that does work as it should.

I've also tried to locate Locking Interface.vi in the PXI folder in the project but then none of the VIs that I call asynchronously (including Clocks.vi) pop up at all. (No error message either - and I made sure that the VI preference still states 'open front pannel when called').

What is the problem? How should I fix it?

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,868 Views)

Hi Julien,

Since this board deals mainly with problems related to the hardware in PXI systems, and your question/problem seems to me to be related mostly with LabVIEW programming (specifically calling subvi's asynchronously), I would like to ask you to re-post this in the LabVIEW forum.  I believe that will be the best place for people to see this post and get a discussion going.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,842 Views)

Thanks,

Did not realise it was hardware only. Will do so...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,834 Views)