From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after update to DAQmx 15.5.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Just updated DAQmx to 15.5.1 on the host computer. Trying to use MAX to update the DAQmx software on the PXI to 15.5.1 as well, but got the following error:

Capture.PNG

I'd appreciate any suggestion in figuring this out.  I am using LabVIEW 2015 SP1. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,334 Views)

Hey AuZn,

For clarification, you are using a PXIe-8135. By any chance do you know what OS that controller is running? From the fact that you are installing software from MAX it looks like it's an RT controller.

FYI there is some more information on LogosXT in the post linked below.

What are the differences between Logos and LogosXT? - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/What-are-the-differences-between-Logos-and-LogosXT/td-p/1612496

So knowing what LogosXT is, it doesn't seem like that should affect a DAQmx installation. It would however affect the other installations thought that the error box is referencing.To get rid of those errors, could you check that LogosXT is being installed in order to make sure that the other software can reference it properly? Hopefully then it will clear those issue and allow DAQmx to install properly.

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,303 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AuZn

I am using the RTOS (pharlap) on the PXI. 

I think MAX has some issues in resolving the dependencies. I have actually fixed this problem by manually set those 4 packages to reinstall in MAX along with the update of DAQmx. MAX will become irresponsive and crush if I did not select these packages in a certain order, so it took me some trial and error. In the end when I select all the packages related to DAQmx update together these 4 packages to reinstall, the installation procedure would go through. 

I guess if I format and reinstall the system on PXI it may also work, but I did not try it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,299 Views)

So just to clarify when checking the dependancies to reinstall things from the error message have resolved your issue?  

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,283 Views)

@yamadj wrote:

So just to clarify when checking the dependancies to reinstall things from the error message have resolved your issue?  

Yes. This resolved my issue. Though MAX crushes if I did not check those dependencies in certain order. Took me a few tries.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,280 Views)