PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power issues with PXI combo chassis in China

I am wondering if anybody Has experienced power issues with PXI chassis or more specific PXI/SCXI combo chassis in China. We have had issues where fuses have been blown for no apprent reason. Labview programs have been corrupted.

Rick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,229 Views)
Hi Rick,

Could you please give us the specifics of these failures? How many chassis have had their fuses blown, what chassis are you using? Does this happen repeatedly to the same chassis, or across multiple chassis? Is this only the SCXI portion of the chassis, or is the PXI portion of the chassis not working as well?

I would also advise you to contact your local NI office in order for them to help you more directly and investigate the issue as to what might be causing this. The SCXI fuses can be replaced easily and there are instructions here on how you can do this.

Let us know, thanks!
Rasheel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,218 Views)
I have spoken to local rep and had NI from Austin on conference call. talking about overall support in China. They suggested posting the question. It looks like it only happened once with PXI 1010 chassis. Yes the fuses were replaced. the only thing I know was no test was being run at the time. my boss showed up there and nothing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,207 Views)
Rick,

Blown fuses happen, it just a fact of life. If you are experiencing highly frequent fuse blows that can point to a bigger problem. Can you give a little more detail about the frequency of the fuse blows?
-Marshall R
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,189 Views)