PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe Chassis or modules not showing up in NI Instrument Driver Finder/Connected Intstruments

Solved!
Go to solution

New User, Just starting out with a PXIe-1073 Chassis driven by a PC, with 4113 PSU, 4145 SMU and 4071 DMM modules.

I installed all the drivers from the System USB provided and I can indeed see/control the chassis and modules from NI MAX. 

When I try to see the modules from Labview 2012 or 2014 (I am looking for example VI's to get started) the Instrument driver finder does not show any chassis or modules.

Searched the NI support but could not find any generic "here is how you start using that $20,000 NI box without breaking a sweat" getting started help.

I was kind of hoping this was a no brainer and would plug and play like other instruments I have connected and used. What am I doing wrong?

fred.JPGCapture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,034 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dkw-info
Don't use the instrument finder. Use Help> Find Examples and look under Hardware Input and Output. Please be specific in listing the drivers that you have installed.
Message 2 of 3
(5,017 Views)

Thank you, I was able to find the generic niDCPower examples. Interesting how the resource names were already populated with my module names. Cool. This is exactly the starting point I was looking for. Thank you for your help.

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,011 Views)