PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-5451

I want to do some test by using PXIe-5451 AWG, and my 5451 AWG is in Remote Systems. However, I can not change the output frequency of 5451 AWG when I use the Test Panels. As u know, FGEN can not be used in Remote Syestmes. So, what can I do..

Thanks. 

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,917 Views)

Hi Vincentum,

As this KnowledgeBase arcticle confirms, there isn't a way to use FGEN SFP on a Real-Time systems.  In order to control the output frequency you will need have a target for the 5451 in a Real-Time project, then create a VI under this target and use the FGEN palette functions to achieve this functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,876 Views)

Hi matt

Thank you very much for your nice reply. Now, I want to ask that can I change the output signal resolution of AWG PXIe-5451 when I create my VI in a Real-Time project. As you know, it is a 16-bit AWG, now I just want to use the about 12bit resolution signal generation.

Thanks

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,960 Views)

Hello Vincent,

According to the Signal Generators help manual, the NI PXIe-5451 stores arbitrary waveforms in memory as signed 16-bit digital words. On the NI PXIe-5451, the entire 16 bits are sent to the digital gain circuit, the OSP and the DAC.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370524P-01/siggenhelp/5451_ni_5421_sample_size_and_resolutio...

May I ask why you are wanting to reduce the resolution of your output signal?

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,948 Views)

Hi  Anderson,

Thank you for your kindly reply. I am doing some contrast measurement by using some signal with different resolution. So, I want to know if I can use this NI PXIe-5451 AWG to generate the different resolution output signal.

Best Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,913 Views)

Vincentum,

The AWG will always represent the data using 16-bit words, but you may be able to manipulate the data yourself to appear as less resolution (for example, take your data set and round values to the nearest X).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,894 Views)