From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4353 Input Range

Hi, I am creating a task with a PXIe-4353 and trying to understand the function of the maximum and minimum numbers for the signal input range. I understand from this page the role of changing the input range to reduce digitization noise but also that PXI cards usually only have a few select sensitivities, and when one sets the max and min range when creating a daqmx task, the PXI card will choose the smallest range that is compatible with these max and minimum values.

For other PXI cards I have (6233, 6238)  it is clear from the specifications documents what these set sensitivities are. However, it's less clear what is going on in the case of the PXIe-4353. It looks like there isn't a set of hardware ADC sensitivites and therefore the 24bits of the input range are always corresponding +- 80mV as states in page 1 of the specifications document.

So essentially my question is: What do the maximum and minimum values actually do when creating a task with the PXIe-4353?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,691 Views)

Since 4353 is a Temperature card which can interface only with Thermocouples, there is no need to have a Variable Gain stage. There would be fixed gain and fixed range. When creating a DAQmx Task, I believe you are using AI Voltage>Temperature and in this case, the maximum and minimum would signify the temperatures that you intend to measure as per the help file.

electricsanto_0-1583873107711.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,670 Views)