From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 4330 configuration window

I have some questions about setting up the PXIe 4330 via the configuration tab that appears when using NI-MAX or Signal Express.

1)   The signal input range is editable to any value, although the user guide says that it's set automatically according to the excitation voltage.

2)  The Vex value and Bridge Resistance boxes also appear to be editable, whereas I'd expect drop-downs to reflect the discrete values allowable for these variables.

3)  Am I correct in thinking that the Bridge Resistance value is irrelevant if I'm not using a quarter-bridge setup?

4) For (1) and (2), what happens if I enter invalid values?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,859 Views)

Hi Cantab84,

In regards to the first query, the signal input range will adjust automatically but if you enter an invalid range then upon running an error will show up mentioning that the range is not appropriate.

This could be due to any scaling that you may have implemented.

If in one of the settings you have inputted a wrong/invalid values then the software will throw an error mentioning why it occurred.

Kind regards,

GajanS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,828 Views)