PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4154 Insufficient location information

I been having issues with PXIe-4154 battery simulator for some time now.

First, I just had to be careful to let everything load on my workstation which controls NI PXIe-1073 chassis with PXIe-4154 battery simulator.

However now, I am constantly getting this error with code 1073807343:

niDCPower Initialize With Channels.vi<ERR>Insufficient location information 
or the device or resource is not present in the system.

PXIeError.PNG

When I go to MAX, I also can not do anything to this battery simulator. It has red X next to its name in the list of devices.

MAXerror.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,768 Views)

Hi armendzh,

For the error in LabVIEW, can you double check that the resource name(s) you’re giving the DC Power functions correspond with the resource name(s) in NI MAX?

If they are the same, can you try a few hardware tests?

-Remove and reinsert the 4154 in the same slot it’s currently in. What’s the status in MAX now?

-If that does not work, put the 4154 in a different PXIe slot. What’s the status in MAX?

Kind Regards,

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,746 Views)

Hi! I guess I will reply to the same topic since I still have problems with my PXIe-4154.

Resetting the card into a different slot helped, but just temporary and probably because I wasn't using the battery simulator for a day since it last failed.

I been having similar issues of failed connection to my PXIe-4154. At first, I can run power tracing some several hours or even a day, however then my program with power tracing crashes and stops due to insufficient location information. When I go to MAX, I can not access anything under entire NI-PXIe-1073 chassis, including NI PXIe-4154.

At first, I thought it might be software issues... So I reinstalled NI LabVIEW on another machine with drivers and tried to run power tracing from there, however it also crashed after some hours.

Right now I am not sure what is to blame:

The chassis: NI-PXIe-1073?

The battery simulator: NI PXIe-4154

or maybe PCI MXI connector board: NI PCIe-8361....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,348 Views)

HI All, 

Also, it can be a OS issue. Have you tried to search for the PXI platform services on the Control Panel/ Administrative tools /Services. 

Check if the services for the PXI are started.

Warm Regards,  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,331 Views)

Given your MAX configuration, it looks like all of your PXI/PXIe devices are not functioning correctly.

Most often, this is due to one of the NI services not running. As miraquesa mentioned, take a look at your NI services.

In particular, what are the statuses of:

NI Device Loader

NI Configuration Manager

NI PXI Resource Manager

NI Service Locator

What OS (including bitness) and driver versions are you using?

Could you please attach a MAX Technical Report (File->Create Report)?

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,323 Views)