PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4139 - Connection to DUT board with triax

Solved!
Go to solution

I am going to build a DUT board that will connect to my PXIe-4139 SMUs with triaxial cable. What is the best way to configure the HI/LO/SENSE_LO/SENSE_HIGH/GAURD connection down the triax cable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,938 Views)

Are you going to supply a voltage or current to the DUT?

Or are you using it as a DMM to measure a voltage or current?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,922 Views)

Hi Gradmaster,

I plan to supply and measure both current and voltage with the setup.

-

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,918 Views)

We know that we want to connect the HI and LO terminals to the Positive and Negative leads for your DUT, the question is what the third lead of the triaxial cable is for and if we need to connect it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,885 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Some other SMU solutions that I have use a three triaxial configuration. For example, Triax 1 uses inner connector for Force High, Inner shield for Guard, and Outer shield for Circuit Common. Triax 2 uses inner conductor for Sense High, Inner shield for Guard, and Outer shield for Circuit Common. Triax 3 actually connects a ground unit that uses inner conductor for Sense Low, Inner shield for Force Low, and Outer shield for Circuit Common. 

Another SMU setup will use Triax 1 inner connector for Sense High, Inner shield for Guard, and Outer shield for Force Low. Triax 2 uses  inner conductor for Force High, Inner Shield for Guard and outer shield for Force Low. Triax 3 uses sense low on inner conductor and Force Low on both inner and outer shields.

Does the PXIe-4138/4139 SMUs have a preferred configuration for making the triaxial connection?

Message 5 of 7
(6,878 Views)

Hey there,

I try to communicate from LabVIEW ESP301 to control 2 axis of a stepping motor UTS100pp there suggestions to "find examples" such as how to start the same code for this device.

thank you
jilali

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,873 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JustinD

SLABTechGuy,

This document shows the connection for Triax Cables and SMUs:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370736F-01/ni_dc_power_supplies_help/gaurding/

J.hallabi,

This is a new question that needs to be posted here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/bd-p/240

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,858 Views)